MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Thursday, August 04, 2005

In between GMAT practice

It felt a little better today to do some Quant practice from the Kaplan GMAT 800 book as the questions seem to be more in line with the real GMAT. I went through the arithmetic, algebra and geometry sections in one session. Over the next 2 days I plan to complete the word problem section and then move back to the OG again and hunt for some tougher Quant problems.

Meanwhile, I have also to figure out how to approach my boss for a recommendation and in the process reveal that I will be going away next year. While I anticipate getting a good letter of support, it might mean me having to forego my promotion. I dont know that I will be promoted for sure but the signs are telling that I have a good shot. It would have made my b-school case stronger to show 3 raises and 2 promotions in the last 3 years but I'll take it as it comes (or doesn't).

My 5 minute break is up, back to doing some Verbal for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home