MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

End of Week 2

Week 2 was slower than week 1 in terms of the amount of time I could devote to my GMAT preparations. Deadlines at work, fatigue, not enough concentration, school research and thoughts on admission essays were all contributing factors.

Assuming my GMAT goes well (good enough to compete in the top schools), I will in all likelihood try to meet Columbia's ED round. Essays are never easy and need a lot of introspection, careful evaluation of career goals, writing multiple drafts and getting feedback from other people. Aside from Wharton and Harvard, neither of which I am applying to at this point, Columbia is a top school for me given my post MBA goals. I have visited the campus multiple times in the past, talked to students, alumni and read enough from their site, brochures and other material on the Internet and it seems to be the best fit for me.

Its a top MBA program, not easy to get into (which ivy league is?) but I think is within my reach if I am able to put together well constructed essays. In terms of credentials (GPA, Work ex, leadership etc) , I believe I have all those elements, however I need to weave the whole story together and present it to Admissions.

Back to the GMAT, this week will obviously see some catching up on my part as I just did one full length test and about 150 OG questions in all last week. Honestly, I am beginning to panic a bit but I'll do my best to keep my focus on the task at hand, which is to get as much GMAT practice done as possible and nail the GMAT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home