MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Sunday, July 24, 2005

I'd still be a 600

This weekend was productive in terms of my GMAT preparation. I bid adieu to Sentence Correction finally and will start with Reading Comprehension next. Although I am a day late to start Reading Comprehension, I feel good about gaining some degree of confidence on Sentence Correction. All in all I did about 110 practice SC questions and also took another full length practice test (GMAT Prep - sorry I mentioned Kaplan before) and did decently okay on it (710 Q 48 V 40), although during the test I didnt think I would cross even 600; it seemed so hard and felt like I was guessing on many questions. I hope I retain the same guessing skills on GMAT day.

I was also surprised to note that the Quantitative section seemed to be much harder than the Verbal, normally its the other way round. For the first time, I wasent able to finish the Quantitative section and had to randomly guess the last 3 questions. As usual, Reading Comprehension bothered me yet again and it felt like I would learn all about prehistoric dinosaur bones, comets hitting the earth, socio-economic theories of 17th century trade unions in Britain and the role of women in the early 20th century american labor unions not to forget how positrons bounce around each other and the atom is split; all in those 75 minutes of Verbal torture.

After this, I'd almost like to think that my GMAT score is my IQ level, no matter how badly I did, I'd still be a 600!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home