MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Late in the game

I know people have already taken their GMAT, arranged for their transcripts, probably talked to their recommenders and are working on their initial essay drafts. My decision to apply for Fall 2006 was rather immediate, taken over the last 3-4 days. I had started preparing with the aim of applying for Fall 2007 and thought I would do my homework right by starting the game early on. However, a few personal factors and aniticipating progress at work over the next 2 years, it feels like now is the right time and I should just do it a year earlier.

The bad news is that I have yet to take the GMAT for which I have just started to study, have yet to do research on any of the schools that I want to apply to, have no recommenders lined up and am pretty late in the game now. The good news is that I am up for the challenge, I think it will be a lot of fun, I am motivated and fired up and think I have a pretty good story to share with the admissions committee about my professional and personal goals and achievements so far.

This is my first post and I prefer to keep myself anonymous for the time being. There is a lot to be done to make any sort of an impact in the highly competitive b-school admissions process. At the end of the day, I am going to have fun with it and do the best possible. Good luck to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home