MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Keeping it Simple

This whole application process for me has to revolve around "making the maximum impact with minimum effort." When I say minimum, I mean the maximum possible in the time I have available, which is not a lot.

I came across atleast 10 different guide books and plenty of sites related to the GMAT and I cant possibly go through each one of them even though I would have loved to. So on the "Keeping it Simple" philosophy, I started with the GMAT. I have decided to focus my GMAT efforts only on Kaplan 2005 (with cd), Princeton Review 2005 (with cd), Gmat800 and The Official Guide (10th edition).

I have worked my study plan to do atleast 1 hour of studying everyday on one topic only and do atleast 30 practice questions on that topic. I will do this for 3 days and move on to the next topic. In parallel, I will take a full time test every 3 days (2 a week). The key right now is to keep it very focussed and streamlined and thats what I am going to do.

P.S. Studied the SC section from PR and did soem practice questions from PR. Then took the SC test on Powerprep and got 15/22 (68%).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home