MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Day 4 Summary

This is my fourth day into the GMAT prep and the momentum has been good and positive. Ofcourse 4 days is a very small timeframe to measure anything, I just hope I can sustain it for the next 8 weeks or so as I will be hitting the Round 1 deadlines.

I met my daily goal of studying for 1 hr and doing 30 practice questions, infact I did 50 Sentence Correction questions from Powerprep and Kaplan and got 42 of them right. More than the fact that I got 8 wrong, what worried me was the fact that I didnt agree with some of the explanations to the right answers as given by Kaplan. So it boils down to training myself more the ETS way and how they think what is right on the GMAT, rather than what my conventional English grammar knowledge suggests. I have gone through the theory behind Sentence Correction both from Kaplan and Princeton review (found the latter easier to follow) and today is my last day on Sentence Correction questions before I move on to the next topic, Reading Comprehension.

I admit, I dread this the most; Reading Comprehension is like a nightmare to me and can actually put me to sleep during a test. Its my weakest spot and I need to work the most on this.

Let's see if my love for RC improves after 3 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home