MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Full length tests - Summary

As the end of my 3rd week prep is approaching (in 2 days), here is a breakdown of my full length tests so far:

Week 1
=====
ETS Powerprep Test 1 :: 700 :: Q48 :: V38
GMAT Prep Test 1 :: 710 :: Q48 :: V40

Week 2
=====
Kaplan CAT 1 :: 670 :: Q41 :: V40

Week 3
=====
ETS Powerprep Test 2:: 720 :: Q49 :: V40
GMAT Prep Test 2 :: 700 :: Q39 :: V48

My performance on Quant in today's GMAT Prep Test 2 was pedestrian. My pacing was totally off and I ended up not even getting the last 4 questions (33-37) as I had run out of time. Out of the 32 I did, I got 9 wrong! Most of these were stupid errors because I was rushing myself and taking too long to solve.

Probablity and standard deviation are still my weak spots and they need a lot more work. I find that it is more out of panic than actual problem difficulty that I loose focus on a probablity question and it seems impossible to solve. I knew I had messed up in the Quant today and was extra cautious during the Verbal and did well to get a 48. It certainly helped to take that 5 minute break in between sections to clear my head off.

I'd not believe myself if I can pull off the Verbal performance from today on actual GMAT test day.

3 Comments:

  • hey there.
    keep your cool, i think you are doing great. You seem to be good in both quant and verbal. For quant remmember to be syatematic and solve each and every question. don't guess anything. The problems are pretty simple and the things we get wrong are usually silly mistakes. You might have seen my prep scores, GMAt is next week so lets see.
    when are you taking GMAt btw?

    By Blogger Anand, at 9:00 AM  

  • Thanks for the encouragement. My GMAT is in 4 weeks. Good luck to you.

    By Blogger MBA Pundit, at 5:06 PM  

  • You're doing more than fine. And you have more than enough time to iron out any kinks.

    At the moment I'd be more worried if I were you about getting too uptight. Just chill out, and remember that because of the CAT system if you can get the first ten or so correct you're definitely onto a really high score. So concentrate on starting slowly.

    By Blogger Keven, at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home