MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Monday, August 15, 2005

Essays begin

This past weekend I did not do much GMAT studying. I spent some time on the OG and other than Data Insufficiency and Reading Comprehension (which I dont prepare for at all), I hit a 80-85% hit rate on all other sections. I have realized that Reading Comprehension practice will not sharpen my RC skills. Sometimes I get all questions correct on 2-3 passages and sometimes I dont. My RC performance on GMAT day will depend on specific passages that I will get and no degree of practice can assure me that I will nail RC. SC and CR on the other hand are getting better with practice so I have hope there.

On Sunday, I worked on some essay drafts just because I felt more like writing than studying. I have made decent progress on first drafts of a couple of essays so the weekend was productive. I'd have liked to take another full length test but with my schedule it was not possible. I hope to get 2-3 first drafts done this week so that I can get some feedback on them next week. I started by reading all the general essay topics that my target schools have - goals, leadership, ethical dilemma, substantial accomplishments and made a list of potential experiences I can write about. Today, I also spent some time working on my extra-curricular / community work list. This is getting really exciting now and I am happy that my non-work related activities are consistent and follow established trends over the years. I cant wait to get done with the GMAT and start totally working on the essays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home