MBAPundit: Columbia Business School, Fall 2007

Thursday, August 11, 2005

4th week on the OG

Covered about 20 questions each from SC, CR, PS and DS sections of the OG today. The hit rates were 90%, 78%, 100% and 70%. I did not touch any RC passage. Generally speaking, the full length tests have been my only source of RC practice and it is just impossible to do each and every RC passage on the OG. Time permitting, I will do a few passages from the difficult bin of the OG. On my fourth week, I have completed about 50% of CR and SC questions and about 30% of PS and DS questions.

As I do more practice questions from the OG, I have gained confidence on SC and CR. I seem to be consistently hitting a 80-85% hit rate on the Verbal now which is in line with my target score of42+ on the GMAT.

Also spent some time on the Wharton Adcom blog and the Columbia Business School site to do some research and read this blog on the OG, 11th edition. This weekend I hope to take atleast one more practice test and continue to work on the OG.

2 Comments:

  • hi -

    thanks for the comment on my blog.
    i did ok, but not well enough for my kinda profile. but gmat is such a pain that i dont think that i have any enthusiasm and energy to reappear, atleast for this year.
    i will go ahead with what i have.

    you seem to be doing pretty well - and are surely in line for your dream score. keep your cool, and it will all go well. I hardly prepared as much as i would have wanted to, but i realised that it is all about the test day, so you can make up for a bad prep with a good test day, and vice versa.

    all the best.

    cheers
    f

    By Blogger Forrest Gump, at 11:52 PM  

  • Pundit -- it sounds like you're well on your way to a top school (late in the game or not!) Keep up the good work!

    By Blogger Risitos, at 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home